- Kara S. Rescia has over 23 years of legal experience.
- Attorney Rescia is a Partner at Rescia & Shear, LLP which was formed in 2015 with offices in Connecticut and Massachusetts, focusing on consumer and business bankruptcy representation and alternatives, and small business representation.
- From 2010 to the present, Attorney Rescia serves as a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Connecticut through the Office of the U.S. Trustee, Department of Justice program.
- From 2007 through 2014 Attorney Rescia was a Partner at Eaton & Rescia, LLP in East Longmeadow, MA. She represented debtors and creditors in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy proceedings, workouts, business, corporate and commercial law, including acquisitions, commercial financing, trademarks and litigation. She also served as a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee.
- From 2002 to 2007 she was an Associate at Weiner and Peskin, P.C. in Springfield, MA. She litigated civil actions on behalf of a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee, Gary M. Weiner. She also represented debtors and creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings.
- From 1992 to 2002 she was an Associate at LaCroix & Fuller, Attorneys at Law in Springfield, MA. She represented debtors and creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings. She also represented numerous businesses in all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including acquisitions, financing and litigation.
- Attorney Rescia is active in the American Bankruptcy Institute, International Women’s Insolvency Reorganization Confederation, Hampden County Bar Association, Connecticut Bar Association and the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- In 2013, she was the chair of the Bankruptcy Section of the Hampden County Bar Association.
- She is a Community service volunteer with the M. Ellen Carpenter Financial Literacy Program teaching high school students about finances, credit and bankruptcy.
- She is a volunteer attorney assisting indigent clients through the Massachusetts Justice Project’s Pro Bono initiative and the Hampden County Bar Association Foreclosure Task Force.
- She is admitted to the Connecticut and Massachusetts State bars and the United States District Court for the Districts of Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- She has presented at many seminars on bankruptcy law.
- She is the author of Lien Stripping in Chapter 13 and Individual Chapter 11 Proceeding, MCLE 11th Annual Bankruptcy Law Conference 2009; 910 Car Loans and the Hanging Paragraph under BAPCPA, American Bankruptcy Institute’s 13th Annual Northeast Bankruptcy Conference and Consumer Forum 2006; Student Loans, Exclusions to Estate Property, MBA 4th Annual Western Massachusetts Bankruptcy Law Conference 2005.
- She co-authored: The impossible? Hope for the hopeless Debtor To Obtain a Discharge Of Student Loan Debts with Attorney Elizabeth D. Katz in 2013.
- She received her Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Southern Maine, Magna Cum Laude in 1988.
- She received her Juris Doctor Law Degree from Western New England College School of Law in 1992.
CONTACT ATTORNEY RESCIA TODAY!
(860) 452-0052 or (413) 930-4000